In the first of our series on Opening the Black Box on Aviation Spare Parts Planning we look at 5 key KPIs that every airline should track. Airlines have traditionally relied on expert Inventory Planners to drive their investment decisions in spare parts for maintenance engineering. However, a ‘just-in-case’ engineering mindset coupled with emotional buying behaviour driven […]
Our objective is to provision against forecast uncertainty to deliver a level of service. We are spending to mitigate uncertainty, in an economically efficient manner. Obviously, it does not make economic sense to make these risk-mitigating decisions on a part by part basis in isolation. This myopic approach opens the door to inefficiency and waste.
Receive blogs directly to your inbox
- Bridging the Inventory Planning GapAugust 15, 2022 - 1:29 pm
- The Inventory Planning GapMay 30, 2022 - 1:22 pm
- Optimizing Component Availability Sourcing post COVID-19February 15, 2021 - 3:13 pm
- Aviation Spare Parts Planning – 5 KPI’s for the Airline C-Level ExecutivesMay 17, 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Forecasting for Aviation Spares Inventory – Part 1March 5, 2019 - 4:07 pm